If you use WooCommerce on your WordPress site, you can install WooCommerce eCommerce plugin to automatically send your sales to Feefo. This means feedback requests will be sent out on your behalf without you having to manually upload any sales data.
How does the plugin work?
WooCommerce has the following order statuses:
Feedback requests will only be sent after an order has reached the ‘completed’ status. You can also exclude certain products so that when they are purchased, a feedback request will not be sent. Scroll down to find out more about this feature.
How to install the Feefo WooCommerce Plugin
Before starting the installation process, make sure that the accounts you plan to use for both WordPress Admin and the Feefo Hub have the same login email address.
Once you’ve checked this, take the following steps to install the plugin:
1. Login to the WordPress Admin for your website
2. Click ‘Plugins’ > ‘Add New’.
3. In the search bar, type ‘Feefo’
4. Click Install Now for ‘Feefo Ratings & Reviews’
5. When the installation has completed successfully, select ‘Activate Plugin’
6. Click the ‘Feefo’ menu which has appeared in the left-hand navigation menu
7. Select ‘Start Plugin Setup’
8. WooCommerce will ask you to approve read access for Feefo Ratings & Reviews to your store, click Approve
9. If you are an existing Feefo customer you will be asked to authenticate your account, otherwise you will be asked to confirm your store details to register a free account
10. You can choose to set a delay between orders being completed and Feefo sending the feedback request to your customers – this is recommended as it will take some time for customers to receive and use your product. You can also choose to send feedback requests for historical orders
11. Click ‘Complete Setup’ to activate the widget code on your website. Please note the widget will only appear once your first customer review has been received
12. You will be taken to the Feefo Plugin Configuration page where you can apply further customisations, but aside from that, you are good to go!
Changing widget positions
Once the product review stars and product reviews are being displayed, you can check their placement and if needed, change their position. To do this, follow these steps:
Log into the WordPress Admin for your website
Click the ‘Feefo’ menu in the left-hand navigation menu to access the Feefo Plugin Configuration page
Select ‘Custom Location’
Follow the instructions given and click ‘Save Changes’
Disabling WooCommerce reviews
As WooCommerce has its own reviews system, we recommend disabling your WooCommerce reviews once your Feefo reviews are up and running. Here’s how to do this:
Login to the WordPress Admin for your website
Click the ‘Feefo’ menu in the left-hand navigation to access the Feefo Plugin Configuration page
Tick ‘Disable WooCommerce reviews system (recommended)’
How to set products as excluded
You may wish set certain products as excluded, so that customers who purchase these items will not be sent a feedback request. This can come in handy if you allow customers to order samples through your site, for example.
To do this, you need to add an attribute ‘’ and then assign it to the products that you wish to exclude. Here are the steps you need to follow:
Log in to the WordPress Admin for your website
Click ‘Products’ > ‘Attributes’
Complete the ‘Add New Attribute’ form by setting the name and slug to Feefo and leave the other fields as they are. Then click ‘Add Attribute’
Click the cog icon next to the new Feefo attribute
Complete the new ‘Add New Feefo’ form by setting the name and slug to and leaving the other fields as they are. Click ‘Add New Feefo’
Now that the custom attribute has been set up, you need to assign it to the products you wish to exclude from receiving a Feefo feedback request.
Find a product you wish to exclude, hover over the product name and click ‘Edit’
Within the Product Data section, click ‘Attributes’
Select Feefo from the drop-down list and click ‘Add’
Click into the ‘Value(s)’ box and select
Untick the option ‘Visible on the product page’
Click ‘Save Attributes’
Repeat the above steps for each product you wish to exclude. If you are updating products there are third-party plugins available for bulk editing which you may find useful.
Uninstalling your WooCommerce plugin
If you ever want to uninstall your Feefo WooCommerce plugin, simply follow these instructions:
Log into the WordPress Admin for your website
Find ‘Feefo Ratings & Reviews’ and click ‘Deactivate’. Then, to completely remove the plugin, click ‘Delete’
You will be asked for confirmation. Click ‘Yes’ to delete the files and data