If you want to liven up your sales data, why not pair it with your product catalogue?
What is a product catalogue?
A product catalogue is an additional file that contains a list of your products and associated meta data, including:
- Product image
- Product title
- Product description
- Product category
Once your sales data has been uploaded, we will match each product from the sale to corresponding products from your product catalogue. If a match is found, your sales data will be automatically enhanced with the appropriate meta data (image, description, etc.), resulting in far more detailed and engaging product information being displayed both to the end user and your own team within the Hub.
Setting up your product catalogue meta data
Every product in the catalogue is entered as a single line of data. Some of this data is required, some optional. The following product catalogue example shows two product entries with only the required fields listed.
All column headers for the required fields must be included in every product catalogue, but the order is not important. For a summary of every required and optional field at Product Catalogue Field Summary or click on the header links to see more information for an individual field.
The table below lists the optional fields for the same example. Where optional fields are required, the column header for that field must be included, but the order is not important.
Lending a helping hand to Google
There are several additional product naming identifiers that help support Google’s own product and decision on when and where to add stars in search results.
We recommend using the following identifiers for each product:
These fields will become more and more important in future Feefo releases, so it’s good to get into the habit of populating these wherever possible.
Call out: Some product catalogue fields can be included when uploading your sales files. If the same field for the same product has a different value in the sales file and product catalogue, the product catalogue values take precedence.
Uploading your Product Catalogue to the Hub
Once the product catalogue is complete it’s time to upload it to the Feefo Hub
Check the file:
- Ensure that all purchasable products are listed in the product catalogue
- Check that all products have data for the 'required' fields and verify if any ‘optional’ fields are also needed
- Make sure there are no duplicate product search codes
- All fields are formatted as text and not numbers
- Verify that URLs are formatted correctly with each product link/image link having the correct http or https prefix
- Blank rows are not acceptable between products
- Save the product catalogue as a UTF-8 TXT/CSV file
Validate your product catalogue:
- Login to the Feefo Hub
- Select ‘Products’ > ‘Manage Manual Catalogue’
- Select ‘Validate Only’
- Select ‘Browse’ and choose the product catalogue UTF-8 TXT/CSV file
- Ensure the validation completes without error and displays the ''File Name uploaded successfully" message
- If validation fails, repeat the above checks and verify that everything has been edited correctly. If the reason for failure cannot be found, contact Technical Team
Upload the validated product catalogue:
- In the Feefo Hub, select ‘Products’ > ‘Manage Manual Catalogue’
- Select ‘Validate and Upload’
- Select ‘Browse’ and choose the product catalogue UTF-8 TXT/CSV file.
- Ensure the upload completes without error and displays the ''File Name uploaded successfully" message.