Sending data to Feefo by manual upload
The easiest way to upload data to request feedback manually is via the Feefo hub. If you don’t have the resource available to use one of our automated methods, then this is a quick and straightforward option that gives full control of when you upload data.
You can either upload multiple lines at once from a spreadsheet or add lines one by one in the hub.
By uploading your data this way, Feefo can then send out feedback requests on your behalf.
Here’s how to do it.
Sending multiple sales
- Log into your Feefo account, and once in the Hub, go the ‘Campaigns’ tab. In the next menu, choose ‘Manage .
- Choose the campaign you want to use, and click ‘Actions’, and then ‘Edit’.
- Once you’re in the campaign preferences section, click the ‘Download example sales file’ link, and open the file.
- An Excel file master file will open, which includes all the columns you need to successfully upload your data to Feefo.
- You’ll be able to see an example line of data already on the spreadsheet. (Please note that the column names can’t be changed or deleted, and you can’t add your own columns to the spreadsheet! If you do change these columns, the data won’t be uploaded correctly.)
Fill in the information like this:
Email: This is where you enter your customer’s email address
Order reference: This is for your unique transaction ID for this customer
Merchant ID: This column tells the system which account to upload the data to. This will be the same for each line of data
Date: The date that the transaction, booking or shipment took place
Feedback date: This is the date that you would like the customer to receive their feedback request. If this isn’t required, you can leave this column blank
Product search code: This is the SKU or ID number that you use to identify the product in your business. This is used to categorise the product reviews together and ensures that the right reviews are displayed on your website’s product pages. (If you’re only collecting service reviews, you can copy and paste the description). You can’t leave this field blank
Description: This is a description of the product or service that is being reviewed. This column can be left blank if it’s not needed
Tags: This column is optional and is for predefined tags for specific metrics such as or location. Find out more about tags here
How do I know if my data has errors?
After checking your file for errors, a report will load which shows you:
The number of saved lines (the orders that have been uploaded successfully)
The number of duplicate lines (this means that there is more than one line with the same order ref or product search code)
The number of rejected order lines (if the number of order lines rejected is higher than 2%, the whole file will be rejected!) The most common reasons for rejected lines are:
- Incorrect column headers
- Merchant Identifiers aren’t in the right format
- The order line has already been used
Sending individual sales
- Go to the ‘Sales’ tab in the Hub, and then click on ‘Submit Individual Sale’.
- Fill in the online form. You’ll only need to complete the boxes which are not marked as optional, but to get the most out of reporting features, we recommend inputting as much data as possible. (The sales tag option will only work if you previously uploaded the tag on a .csv file).
- Click the ‘Upload Sale’ button when you’re done
If you’re struggling or need any more help with uploading your data through the Hub, get in touch with our technical team.