This article describes the features and functionality of an individual product's Product Performance Report.
This Product Performance Report is a more focused version of the Product Performance Report. It provides detailed metrics on your product's performance based on topics, mentions and sentiment from your customer's product reviews. It's only available to merchants who have Performance Profiling and collect product feedback. The report is accessed from the Feefo Hub by clicking on a product name in either the Product Performance Report (use Feefo Hub > Reports > Product Performance Report) or the product tab of the Feedback window (use Feefo Hub > Feedback > Product).
As the report is only accessible by clicking through from other reports, when it's first opened, the default view will be configured by filters from the previous report:
- The first section contains the 'Filters' that drive the content of the rest of the report. As well as the usual ones, there are two unique filters in this report:
- Sentiment determines which levels of sentiment are displayed. There are five bands to choose from, from very positive through to very negative. The default is to show all values of sentiment.
- Topic Coverage is a numerical filter that determines which topics are displayed in the following sections. It consists of two values, a maximum and a minimum percentage. The maximum percentage is defined by the analysis results, with the topic that is most mentioned determining the value. This value cannot be edited. The minimum percentage defaults to 0% and is editable in increments of 0.1% to any value between 0% and 0.1% less than the maximum percentage. Using this control you are able to focus on the topics that are most regularly mentioned by your reviewers, leaving the other topics filtered out of the reports.
- The next section displays key insights called 'Summaries'.
- Sentiment score: This consists of a score gauge displaying the average sentiment score of all mentions from your product's reviews and a Sentiment breakdown that divides the mention sentiment into the numbers that feature positive, neutral and negative sentiment.
- Further summaries are:
- the number of sales submitted for that product. Only shown when the date filter is set to sale date.
- the number of topic mentions identified in these reviews.
- the topic that has the highest number of mentions.
- The third section of the report displays 'Topic Insights' where selected topics are plotted on a graph that is split into quadrants. Each quadrant offers a different perspective thereby giving you an overview of the topic's relative impact on sales. The quadrants are:
- FOCUS: Topics in this quadrant are frequently mentioned in a negative context. These are aspects of the product which require investigation and are likely to have an impact on sales conversion rates.
- ADVERTISE : These topics are also frequently mentioned but have a positive impact on the average rating. These are aspects of the product which are performing very well and seen as boosting conversion rates. They should be promoted and published in your product descriptions and advertising to attract new customers.
- POTENTIAL: Topics displayed here are positively mentioned but not enough to impact your product rating. These are aspects that have the potential to boost conversion rates but may not be important to all customers.
- MONITOR: Topics in the bottom-right quadrant are mentioned in a negative context less often than 'Focus' topics but could still impact the average rating over time. Addressing them now could stop any further deterioration.
- Each topic is displayed as a dot on a graph of topic coverage plotted against sentiment. The horizontal axis is the sentiment score (between -100 (negative) to 100 (positive)) and the vertical axis is the coverage in percentage (the scale is dependent on the values returned by the filters, the maximum being 100%) .The graph defaults to displaying up to the top 50 topics as determined by the filter configuration. If you want to hide some from view, use the drop-down list in the top-right corner and uncheck the ones not needed. The list is ordered by the number of mentions, with the number for each shown in brackets.Hovering over a topic dot displays detailed sentiment metrics: If the topic dot represents multiple topics, hovering over the dot shows the metrics for the first topic with a navigator to access the other topics:Show labels turns on/off the visibility of the topic labels. By default, this option is enabled so all topic labels are visible.
- The fourth section is the 'Sentiment Trend'. It provides a visual representation of sentiment over time which helps to identify time-related performance issues.
The graph has two sets of data on the vertical axis, mention volume (the green bars) and average sentiment score (the blue line). These are plotted against a horizontal axis of time. The scales on the axis are determined by the data ranges returned by the current filter configuration. Placing your cursor on any trend line point or bar displays detailed sentiment data for that point:
- The final section is the 'Topic Breakdown'. This section focuses on the topics and their contribution to the sentiment score. When first opening this report, all topics that match the filters are listed:Taking a look at these columns:
- Topics: A list of topics found within the review data. Each topic links to the detailed topic breakdown view. See the next image for more details.
- Mentions: The number of times the topic is mentioned in the reviews. Clicking the number displays the reviews that mention the topic. The data defaults to being sorted by this column with the largest number of mentions at the top.
- Sentiment score: A visual icon and a sentiment score which indicates the average sentiment score of all mentions that feature the topic.
- Change: The topic's change in sentiment score between the current time-frame and the previous equivalent time-frame.
- Sentiment trend: A mini-graph of the topic's sentiment score (vertical axis) plotted against the time-frame (horizontal axis).
- Coverage %: The topic's coverage within the customer reviews.
- Average rating: The average Feefo rating of all reviews that feature the topic.
- Mentions breakdown: The total number of mentions featuring the topic divided into three levels, positive, neutral and negative sentiment.
- Actions: A drop-down offering two options:
- View mentions: Switches the topic breakdown to the mention view. See the next image for more details.
- View reviews: Displays the Feefo Hub > Feedback > View Reviews tab with the time-frame, review mode and topic as predefined by the filters.
- Within the 'Topic Breakdown' section, clicking on a topic or using Actions > View mentions will switch to the mention view:
- This additional report has three sections that focus solely on the clicked-on topic:
- A summary of the topic's coverage based on the filter's configuration.
- A bar/line graph that's very similar to the Sentiment Trend but this one shows the number of mentions featuring the topic and the average sentiment score across the time-frame.
- A list of mentions for the topic and the mention's sentiment score. Up to two lines of text is shown per mention. To see the full mention, clickalongside the mention. This opens the Hub's Feedback tab displaying just the review that features the mention.
- Additional features are:
- When the report is first opened, it shows the 20 most recent mentions. Each time scrolling reaches the end of the list, a further 10 mentions are displayed.
- Hovering the cursor over the mention text offers two options:
- Adjust sentiment: This gives you the chance to give us feedback as to whether the sentiment of the mention has been analysed correctly. Depending on the mention sentiment, confirm whether the mention talks positively or negatively about the product.
- Copy: Used to copy the mention text to the text buffer so that it can be reused in Feefo or another application.
- After reviewing the report, there are two main options, both accessed through buttons at the top of the Topic Breakdown report:
- Back to topics: Returns to the full list of topics previously discussed in this article (Topic Breakdown).
- View reviews: Opens the Feedback tab and lists all of the reviews represented by the mentions in the report.
The features and functionality for the Product Performance Report (individual product) are now complete.