This article discusses the second stage of setting up Advertising for Facebook but only applies when you want to create a product catalogue from an existing Facebook Product Catalogue.
- Ensure you have completed all steps in Connecting Your Feefo Account to Facebook.
- Having connected your Facebook Business Manager to your Feefo account, you will now see a form as below:
- Click 'Create from existing Facebook Product Catalogue'.
- This article assumes that you are using an existing Facebook Product Catalogue as the source catalogue. The destination catalogue must also be a Facebook Product Catalogue but it cannot be the same as the source, and following Facebook best practice, to avoid possible conflicts between existing and imported data, if you already have another Facebook Product Catalogue, do not use this as the destination. Instead, use the 'Create new catalogue in Facebook' link on the form to create a new Facebook Product Catalogue and follow the steps on the Facebook website. Once you have created a new catalogue, return to this article to complete the rest of the steps.
- Select the source and destination product catalogue from the drop-down lists. If the catalogue you need is not listed, click on the refresh iconto the right of the 'Destination Product Catalogue' drop-down.
- Choose 'Continue' to start processing your data and the following screen will be displayed. 'Cancel' will return to the previous form.During this step, we analyse both the Facebook Product Catalogue and the Feefo database to determine the number of products in the Facebook Product Catalogue that have a product label value that is identical to a parameter value of a product in the Feefo database. The process then tries matching a predefined set of product labels and parameters to identify the highest match rate for each label/parameter pair. The label/parameter pair that produces the best match rate is then displayed as the 'recommended mapping' and represents the percentage of products in the Facebook Product Catalogue that matches with the Feefo database. Note: If there are more products in the Feefo database than in the Facebook Product Catalogue, the match rate could be as high as 100% but if there are more products in the Facebook Product Catalogue than the Feefo database, the match rate will always be less than 100% even if all of the Feefo products exist in the Facebook catalogue.
The larger the Facebook Product Catalogue is, the longer the import and auto-matching process will take. Once started, you can browse away from the screen above and even close the olf Feefo interface and Feefo Hub if needed. When the process has completed, we will let you know by email:
Clicking on 'Check Settings' and logging into your Feefo account will display the results:
In the 'Product Feed Mapping' section of the form above, it shows that the mapping process has identified that the best match is achieved when matching the 'gtin' Feefo parameter with the 'gtin' Facebook product label. In this case, 65% of the Facebook Product Catalogue matches with Feefo products.
If you would prefer to use a different mapping combination of Feefo parameter and Facebook product label, you can change the parameters and labels in the drop-down lists. For example, here we've changed the Feefo parameter to 'Parent SKU' and the Facebook product label to 'mpn'. Click 'Remap' and confirm that you are happy to lose unsaved changes.
An updated set of mapping results are then shown.The results show that there was a lower match rate with the new mapping than with the Feefo recommended mapping. If you would prefer to try another pair of labels/parameters, make the selection, remap and check the results or if you would prefer to use the original mapping, click 'use the recommended mapping'.
In the Feefo Reviews and Rating Data Mapping section you will now define how the Feefo ratings data will be stored in the destination Facebook Product Catalog.There are several options to consider, the first being what data should be shown in the adverts. The Feefo review data consists of up to 3 different data types and using the checkboxes you can choose which types you would like to display. The choices are:
- The average visual star rating
- The average star rating as a number
- The number of reviews used to calculate the average star rating
Secondly, choose which Facebook Product Catalogue field will hold this data. It can be one of the following:
- Short Description (this is the default).
Thirdly, choose where within the field this data will be added. The rating data can be:
- Added to the beginning of any pre-existing data (this is the default).
- Added to the end of any pre-existing data.
- Completely replaces any pre-existing data.
- Once configured, take a look at the 'Preview' to ensure the format and fields of the new information is as expected and that it displays correctly when added to any existing text (identified as 'Original Copy'). Note that the 'product_id' and 'title' fields shown in the preview will always show the same pre-defined example data. If further changes are needed, repeat the previous 3 steps until the desired content and format are achieved.
The next three options configure which products are imported from the source Facebook Product Catalogue to the destination Facebook Product Catalogue. The options are:
- To exclude products that do not have Feefo data. The default is to import all products into the new catalogue, including those that do not have Feefo data, but choosing this option will produce a catalogue that contains only products that have Feefo data.
- To exclude products with less than 10 reviews. The default is to include all products, but choosing this option will produce a catalogue that contains only products that have 10 or more Feefo reviews.
- To exclude products with an average Feefo rating of below 3. The default is to include all products, but choosing this option will produce a catalogue that contains only products that have an average Feefo rating of between 3 and 5 (i.e. between Average and Excellent).
- The final few options of this form determine how often and at what time (using UTC time) a synchronisation occurs between Feefo-mapped source catalogue products and the destination Facebook Product Catalogue. Each synchronisation checks for new matches within the connected source product feed and refreshes the destination catalogue with this new data.
- Once fully configured click 'Save' to add the Feefo data to the product catalogue or 'Cancel' to exit without saving.
- A list of Feefo product feeds is then presented. As this is probably your first product feed, there will be just the one shown however as others are added, the list will show all product feeds. Alongside each product feed there is the option to 'Edit' the mappings, which if sourced from a Facebook Product Catalogue will return you to the previous form allowing changes to be made. Choosing 'Delete' will, after confirming that you are happy to proceed, stop the syncing of Feefo data to the destination catalogue and delete it (in this case, Feefo Summer 2017 would be deleted).
Further product feeds created from Facebook Product Catalogues can be added by clicking 'Create from existing Facebook Product Catalogue' and repeating the above steps or if you would prefer to create a product feed from a Google Shopping Feed click 'Connect your Google Shopping Feed'.