A pre-post travel campaign template is only available to merchants with Multiple Campaigns.
This article discusses the settings needed to establish a campaign that has separate service and product touchpoints, sending a request for service feedback immediately after the customer has made their purchase and then sending a request for product feedback at a later date. This type of campaign is commonly used by the travel industry and although not restricted to solely to travel, the pre-post travel campaign template is an ideal starting point for this type of campaign.
To understand the key concepts of a pre-post travel campaign, it's essential that Single Basic Campaign is read first as many of the steps in this article assume knowledge of these key concepts.
- The example used for this campaign is the common scenario described above. A travel company, named My Travel, would like to put together a feedback campaign that will allow them to:
- Send a service feedback request after the customer has made the purchase asking "How was the booking experience?".
- Send a product feedback request after the customer's holiday asking "How was your holiday?".
- This requirement would be best served by a single campaign with two touchpoints so the pre-post travel campaign template is the perfect starting point. The campaign can be created following these steps:
- Click Create New Campaign.
- Choose Pre-Post Travel Campaign.
- Click on Continue.
- The campaign creates the following structure:
- The Campaign Name defaults to Pre-Post Travel.
- Two triggers are created automatically as part of the Pre-Post Travel Campaign, Post Booking and Post Holiday. Post Booking is a service feedback request asking customers to rate their booking experience, Post Holiday is a product feedback request asking customers to rate their travel experience.
- The triggers have predefined tag conditions of:
- Post Booking has campaign:pre
- Post Holiday has campaign:post
- All of the above values are defaults and can be edited using 'Campaigns > Pre-Post Travel Campaign > Edit'.
- The Feedback Preferences for each of the triggers come preconfigured with the most popular settings but can be changed to suit your needs. This includes changing the content of the feedback requests and the feedback form questions.
- Additional triggers could be added to support a more complex customer itinerary, for example, asking for feedback after the flight to their holiday destination and also after their return flight. If the customer has purchased excursions as part of the holiday, a feedback request could be sent using further triggers after each of the excursions. If a collection of triggers is configured, there will need to be a collection of tag conditions too, each different to support a single trigger. For example, taking the default Pre-Post Travel Campaign and adding feedback requests for the flight out and back plus two excursions, would need a setup similar to the following:
- As this is a more complex campaign, using the Download example sales file feature will really help to understand how the sales file needs to be structured. The .csv file produced is:
- This means that the customer will receive six feedback requests as part of this booking, starting with one immediately after purchasing. The feedback date for 'Post Booking' is fine as it's the same as the sale date but the other feedback dates will need to be set up so that they reflect the customer's itinerary and so are uploaded to Feefo ready to be sent just after each event in their holiday.
- To verify the design and content of each of these emails, use the 'Test Campaign' feature. In this case, as the default configuration of each trigger has a feedback request email and a feedback reminder email, two test emails per trigger will be sent meaning you'll receive 12 emails! Note the option to send a test feedback SMS too. Sending SMS messages is enabled by Feefo SMS but this option is only offered if one or more of the triggers is configured to send the request by SMS.