If you are using a responsive theme, the integration should already be displaying beautifully on a mobile device but older Bigcommerce themes that are not responsive have separate template files for mobile. To install the widget on the mobile template you’ll need to add the widget integration code to the relevant mobile templates. The following steps explain how to do this but if you get stuck, ask our Technical Team for help.
- Go to Store Setup and Design (for some stores you’ll have to go to Store Design and Design Options).
- Select the Mobile tab.
- Check Enable Mobile Theme and click Download Template files.
- Once you have downloaded the zip package and extracted it you should have something like this:
- In the extracted folder, go into the Panels folder and look for HTMLHead.html:
- Open HTMLHead.html with a text editor such as Sublime Text or Atom and scroll all the way down to the bottom.
- To add the service reviews widget to every page of the site, copy the code below to Paste Here . Replace 'merchantidentifier' with your unique merchant identifier (see Where to find my merchant identifier?):
- Save the file and open ProductDetails.html in the same folder.
To add the star rating for your products, find %%GLOBAL_ProductName%%. Paste the following code at Paste Here , just after the </h2> tag.
To add the reviews for your products, in the same file, scroll down to the two closing div tags and add the following code at Paste Here .
- Upload the modified files to your BigCommerce store using WebDAV. You can follow the guide on BigCommerce to connect to your store with Cyberduck.
- Once you’re connected open the mobile_template folder:
- In the mobile_template folder, right click Panels and select Upload (if there is no Panels folder you will have to create it):
- Select the two files you modified, HTMLHead.html and ProductDetails.html and click Upload:
The Feefo Widget and the Product Reviews should now show up on a mobile device