This article introduces Feefo Places and discusses the various configuration options for the plugin.
Feefo Places offers high street retailers, hotel keepers, and managers of almost all visitor attractions a reliable, easy to use system for generating valuable feedback from genuine customers.
Using unique codes presented at the point of sale, customers can later leave feedback on their experience. Integrating with existing till software, electronic receipts supplies the unique code printed on to the customer's receipt with instructions to visit a web page to add their review. Quick to deploy, electronic receipts offers merchants insight in to the customer experience by point of sale, location or member of staff and can be linked to the products purchased.
To submit their feedback, customers visit a web page, the URL for which is printed on the receipt. This web page is generally on the merchant’s website but if preferred it can be a unique page on www.feefo.com. Where access to Feefo Places is to be from the merchant website, a plugin needs to be included on the web page. The code to do this shown in Adding The Feefo Places To A Web Page. If the URL is to be held on Feefo’s website, please contact Feefo’s technical support team.
If the customer-supplied URL is to a merchant website, any page that the customer will use for submitting their unique code must include the Feefo Places Plugin. The plugin is configured through the Feefo Administration Portal by visiting 'Settings > Integration Preferences > Feefo Places'.
The interface gives access to the plugin’s theme, layout, display, position, and offset.
- Theme and layout are options that tell the plugin how it should displayed.
- Display, position and offset define where the plugin should be positioned.
A live preview can be seen on the preferences screen which updates as the preferences are changed. Once saved, any changes made to the configuration will immediately update on the merchant’s website.
There are several possible theme/layout combinations to choose from. They are:
- Grey Theme, Small Layout: With a transparent background.
- Grey Bgr Theme, Small Layout: With a solid grey background.
- White Theme, Small Layout: With a transparent background.
- White Bgr Theme, Small Layout: With a solid white background.
- Yellow Bgr Theme, Small Layout: With a solid yellow background.
- Grey Theme, Narrow Layout: With a transparent background.
- Grey Bgr Theme, Narrow Layout: With a solid grey background.
- White Theme, Narrow Layout: With a transparent background.
- White Bgr Theme, Narrow Layout: With a solid white background.
- Yellow Bgr Theme: With a solid yellow background.
Once the theme/layout are defined, use 'Display' to determine how the plugin will be displayed. There are two options:
- Inline: This option allows the merchant to position the plugin in their preferred location. The position is determined by where in the code the element referring to the plugin is located in the merchant’s HTML.
- Fixed: The position of the plugin is determined by the value of the Position and Offset options. The position is fixed and floats over the merchant’s web page to remain visible at all times.
The 'Position' option is only configurable with 'Display=Fixed’. The Feefo Places Plugin will float over the merchant web page maintaining the same position within the browser window while viewing any page with the plugin code snippet.
- Top Left: This option adds the plugin in the top left corner of the browser window.
- Top Right: This option adds the plugin in the top right corner of the browser window.
- Bottom Left: This option adds the plugin in the bottom left corner of the browser window.
- Bottom Right: This option adds the plugin in the bottom right corner of the browser window.
The 'Offset' option is only configurable with a 'Display=Fixed’, giving the merchant fine control over the positioning of the Feefo Places Plugin. This option works in conjunction with the 'Position' option and determines how near to the edge of the browser window the plugin is placed. For example, if 'Position=Bottom Right’ is selected, the 'Offset' then moves the plugin an equal distance from the bottom and right edges depending on the value selected. The values supported are:
Once configured, the plugin can be added to the web page.Adding Feefo Places To A Web Page