This article introduces Feefo Places and discusses the various configuration options for the widget.
Feefo Places offers high street retailers, hotel keepers, and managers of almost all visitor attractions a reliable, easy to use system for generating valuable feedback from genuine customers.
Using unique codes presented at the point of sale, customers can later leave feedback on their experience. Integrating with existing till software, electronic receipts supplies the unique code printed on to the customer's receipt with instructions to visit a web page to add their review. Quick to deploy, electronic receipts offers you insight into the customer experience by point-of-sale, location or member of staff and can be linked to the products purchased.
To submit their feedback, customers visit a web page, the URL for which is printed on the receipt. This web page is generally on your website but if preferred it can be a unique page on www.feefo.com. Where access to Feefo Places is to be from your website, a widget needs to be included on the web page. The code to do this shown in Adding Feefo Places To A Web Page. If the URL is to be held on Feefo’s website, please contact Feefo’s technical support team.
If the customer-supplied URL is to your website, any page that the customer will use for submitting their unique code must include the Places Widget. It is configured through the Feefo Hub using the menu 'Marketing > Places Widget'.
The interface gives access to the widget's theme, layout, display, position, and offset.
- Theme and layout are options that tell the widget how it should be displayed.
- Display, position and offset define where the widget should be positioned.
A live preview can be seen on the preferences screen which updates as the preferences are changed. Once saved, any changes made to the configuration will immediately update on your website.
Theme and Size
There are several possible theme/size combinations to choose from. They are:
- Grey / Small has a transparent background.
- Grey / Narrow has a transparent background.
- Grey Background / Small has a solid grey background. This is the default.
- Grey Background / Narrow has a solid grey background.
- White / Small has a transparent background.
- White / Narrow has a transparent background.
- White Background / Small has a solid white background.
- White Background / Narrow has a solid white background.
- Yellow Background / Small has a solid yellow background.
- Yellow Background / Narrow has a solid yellow background.
Once the theme/layout are defined, use 'Display' to determine how the widget will be displayed. There are two options:
- Inline: This option allows the merchant to position the widget in their preferred location. The position is determined by where in the code the element referring to the widget is located in your HTML. This is the default.
- Fixed: The position of the widget is determined by the value of the Position and Offset options. The position is fixed and floats over your web page to remain visible at all times.
When 'Display=Fixed’, 'Position' is configurable. The Places Widget will float over your web page maintaining the same position within the browser window while viewing any page with the widget code snippet. The preferences show an arrow that indicates its position in the browser window:
- Top Left: This option adds the widget in the top left corner of the browser window. This is the default.
- Top Right: This option adds the widget in the top right corner of the browser window.
- Bottom Left: This option adds the widget in the bottom left corner of the browser window.
- Bottom Right: This option adds the widget in the bottom right corner of the browser window.
When 'Display=Fixed’, 'Offset' is also configurable giving you fine control over the positioning of the Places Widget. This option works in conjunction with the 'Position' option and determines how near to the edge of the browser window the widget is placed. For example, if 'Position=Bottom Right’ is selected, the 'Offset' then moves the widget an equal distance from the bottom and right edges depending on the value selected. The values supported are:
- 25px. This is the default.
Once configured, the widget can be added to the web page.Adding Feefo Places To A Web Page