|Text file field name||XML field name (case sensitive)||Required/Optional||Default value|
|product search code||product_search_code||Required||None|
product search code is the product identifier, its value often being your SKU for the product. It serves to:
- Identify duplicate products when uploading. If an order line already exists on Feefo with the same order ref and product search code as this order line, the item will be considered a duplicate item and will not be added to the system.
If multiple variations of a particular product are offered, such as a shirt that comes in red, blue and yellow, in sizes small, medium and large, it may not be desirable to have a separate product search code for each variant. There is often a master variant code (a code that refers to all variants of a particular product) which might be a better choice than the variant SKU.
If the SKU contains the master code within it, or it has a common element, then the data can be uploaded with the variant SKU and the product search code can be specified using a ‘wildcard’ on your product page, the wildcard character being an asterisk *. Please see the following examples for further clarification:
- Product 1: Men's shirt, red, medium. SKU = 1234-med-rd
- Product 2: Men's shirt, blue, small. SKU = 1234-small-bl
- Master variant code = 1234
In this example, the master code ‘1234’ is contained in the product’s SKU. If the sales data is submitted to Feefo with the full product SKU, when selecting this product for feedback display and specifying the product search code of ‘1234*’, feedback for both variants would be returned. If the same customer buys both items, the customer will be asked for feedback on both shirts separately, since the product search code for each is different.
- Product 1: Men's shirt, red, medium. SKU = abc123
- Product 2: Men's shirt, blue, small. SKU = def234
- Master variant code = men-shrt
The master code is not contained in the product’s SKU, and the product’s SKU has no common elements. If the sales file is submitted with the master variant code ‘men-shrt’ as the product search code for both products, requesting feedback for ‘men-shrt’ will return feedback for both products. Also, due to Feefo seeing both shirts as having a single product search code, if a customer buys both items, they would only be asked for feedback about one product.
Note: product search code does not support values that include the hash (#) character or the URL ASCII code %23.Sales File Field: order refSales File Field: gtin