A sales file consists of several required and optional fields saved either as a UTF-8 encoded tab-delimited file or XML file. For information about the file types and fields, see Sales Files.
- Log in to the Feefo Hub and select 'Sales > Upload Multiple Sales'. This displays the following page:
- A sales file can be loaded using one of two methods:
- Choose ‘Browse’ and navigate to the file using the file selection navigator, and then select ‘Open’.
- Drag a sales file into the page and drop it into the area marked ‘Drop your .csv file here’.
- In both methods, the file is checked as it’s loaded and if successful, a similar result to the following will be displayed:
- The number of saved lines. These are orders that have been successfully loaded.
- The number of duplicate order lines. These are orders where the order ref and product search code match an already submitted order line. This usually means that these order lines have been accidentally loaded a second time and therefore Feefo filters these out so that customers receive only a single feedback request email.
- The number of rejected order lines. If the number of order lines rejected is greater than 2% of the order lines uploaded, the whole file will be rejected. The most common reasons for rejected orders are:
- Column headers are incorrect.
- Merchant identifier is not in the right format.
- Order line refers to an order ref for which Feefo has already sent a feedback request email (this is marked as a ‘closed order’).
- The number of blocked lines. Products can be blocked from being uploaded by their description, product search code or a prefix (used for blocking large numbers of products). Blocked products are configured under ‘Settings > Advanced > Advanced Upload Settings’ by using the options ‘Blocked Product Descriptions’, ‘Blocked Product SKUs’ or ‘Service Item Prefix’.
- The number of invalid lines. Invalid lines are identified as sales lines that have data of the incorrect format in any of the columns. For example, if an email address is not in the format firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The number of opted out lines. These are sales which are associated with email addresses that have opted out of being sent Feefo feedback requests.
- If the file fails to load, error messages will be displayed in a similar way to the following:
- Item 1 has invalid field values: consumerEmail.
This means that an email address has the wrong format in sales line 1.
- Item 4 has invalid field values: itemDescription.
This means that a description is missing/corrupted in sales line 4.
- Item 2 has invalid field values: merchantIdentifier.
This means that the merchant identifier is wrong/missing in sales line 2.
- Item 5 (sales ABC1271) rejected: Invalid value(s) : saleDate.
This means that the date column has an invalid format in sales line 5.
Once any errors have been fixed and the file successfully loaded, click ‘OK’ on the Upload Report. The order lines added are now shown in the Recent Sales section of the page.Saving UTF-8 Sales Files Sales File Field Summary